Podcasts are one of the best sources of information about educational technology available today. These digital audio files are like radio for the Internet. They can educate, inform and entertain us, but on our own time. Each podcast contains multiple episodes which can be downloaded onto our phones, laptops and other devices.
There are more than 500,000 active podcasts on Apple iTunes alone and many of these are geared towards educators and administrators. With so many listening options available, we’ve done the hard part the narrowed down the top eight podcasts about educational technology you should be listening to today.
- The Press Release by EdTechTeam – This podcast dives into the minds of innovative and creative educators and shares the best ideas in education with a focus on technology, innovation and empowering both students and teachers. Episode lengths range in length from 3 minutes to nearly 40 minutes.
- Google Teacher Tribe - This weekly podcast is designed to give K-12 educators practical ideas for using G Suite and other Google tools. It’s hosted by Matt Miller and Kasey Bell, who also share helpful tips to keep administrators on task.
- Chromebook Classroom Podcast - This podcast explores how Chromebooks are impacting the K-12 classroom. It is hosted by Google Certified Trainer John Sowash, who invites guests to chat about their Chromebook Classroom experience on this monthly show. Episodes range from quick, resource editions to longer interview editions.
- Cult of Pedagogy - Hosted by Jennifer Gonzalez, this podcast covers teaching strategies, classroom management, education reform and education technology. Episodes range in length from 10 minutes to an hour. It’s a must for anyone looking to make their educators to be the very best.
- Microsoft Innovative Expert Spotlight Series Podcast – Each episode of this podcast features a Microsoft Innovative Educator that showcases how they are transforming their classrooms through 21st-century teaching styles. It is hosted by Jeff Bradbury. Each episode runs about a half hour, and is perfect to listen to before you walk into a team meeting.
- EdTech Situation Room - This is both a weekly podcast and live Wednesday evening webshow. It’s hosted by educators Jason Neiffer from Montana and Wesley Fryer from Oklahoma. The duo analyzes current tech news and how they can make education better. Episodes run about an hour long.
- EdTech Bites - Host Gabriel Carrillo sits down with educators and innovators once a month to talk educational tech trends over dinner. This podcast allows him to bring together his and every other educational administrator’s two passions, food and educational technology. Episodes range in length anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
- EdTech Rewind Clint Winter and Lee Green invite their friends to get together and discuss what’s going on in the world of educational technology. Episodes are about 45 minutes to an hour. For long drives home where you have to come up with an agenda for your educators – yes, this is the one.
We love these podcasts about educational technology, but if you know of another that you can’t believe didn’t make this list, let us know.