The school year’s end is an exhausting but rewarding time. Both educators and students experience the mixed feelings that accompany the conclusion of their grade levels and classes. Due to the unprecedented challenges caused by COVID-19, the end of this school year is particularly bittersweet.
Still, the summer season is always a welcome occasion for rest and renewal. In addition to keeping busy with physical activities and lots of outdoor adventures, it’s equally important for students and teachers alike to continue to exercise their brains. The following tech tools aim to blend playing and learning.
- In the world of convenient devices, HP’s Probook x 360 11 is top notch. This versatile machine is perfect for writing, drawing, reading, and creating. The durability provided by the Probook makes it practical and user friendly, and its spill resistance makes it Popsicle friendly.
- The Windows 10 operating system has always been fast and reliable and it also boasts new features that are fun and unique. With just the touch of a few keys, you can talk instead of type. Finding photos is quick and easy with automatic added tabs. Maximize your time by snapping apps side by side.
- Microsoft OneNote is ideal for the fast-paced brain of a teacher, and perfect for when you’re inspired with a great lesson idea. Spend a few August afternoons jotting down some lesson plan ideas and getting organized for the coming year. OneNote’s multi-user collaboration allows for sharing ideas with colleagues.
- With most summer vacations being put on hold, take an exploratory yet educational adventure with Google Expeditions. Create one to fit the needs of your students, or take an exciting tour created by one of the world’s most well known institutions.
- Keep your mind sharp while having a great time! Geoguessr is an enjoyable way to blend the lines between work and play. The game places you in an unknown location. Using Google Street view, the player will begin to navigate their way home with the help of logic, clues, and the world of technological tools.
What tech tools do you love for summer? Drop your suggestions in the comments!