Despite having a strong core offering for educational tools, systems, and management platforms, Microsoft has realized that no one technology partner has all the answers when it comes to how best to nourish and guide a nation of learners. As such, it has partnered with a number of organizations and applications from around the world to bring as much education to the table as possible.
And it’s all available at the Microsoft Store for Education.
Microsoft breaks down these partner apps into two themes: the Modern Classroom and Sparking Creativity.
Microsoft and the Modern Classroom
The goal of the Modern Classroom is to personalize education by providing students with the apps and platforms that feel most natural to the way they learn, and a lot of this is through gaming and collaboration. It also recognizes that fun shouldn’t be hard to manage or share; apps in this theme provide ways to facilitate activities while using analytics to track progress and ensure each student is making the most of each learning opportunity. Kids stay on task. Teachers stay connected. Parents stay informed.
Here are a few examples of Microsoft partner apps for the modern classroom.
- Classcraft, for classroom organization
- BrainPop, for content publishing
- Edmodo, for learning management
- Edsby, for communication and collaboration
- Explain Everything, for interactive whiteboards
- Pearson System of Courses, for e-readers and e-textbooks
Microsoft and Sparking Creativity
Now that you have a modern classroom, you can make the most of it with Microsoft partner apps that expose students to interactive curriculum along the STEAM spectrum. Science, technology, engineering, art, and math are represented well in the Microsoft Store for Education, fostering inspiration and innovation that go well beyond the classroom walls. Project-based learning not only helps develop skills in critical, design, and computational thinking; it also plays up a learner’s most crucial attribute—curiosity.
Here are a few examples of Microsoft partner apps for sparking creativity.
- SwopBots, a coding platform / adventure.
- PicsArt-Photo Studio, a powerful photo editor, drawing tool, and collage maker.
- Arduino IDE, an open-source electronics platform
- Fluid Math, a handwriting-based educational math app
- eMathsMaster, an online training software for non-Math teachers
Microsoft is making it easier than ever to connect more often and educate more effectively.
Want to learn more? That’s exactly why we’re here.